• Please 'Like' The Roxy Facebook page >>
Friends of The Roxy - upcoming events...
Lot's of cool stuff coming our way though so here we go...
This week at The Roxy...
• Monday, April 16th, 7pm:
The Roxy movie is "The Girl Can't Help It" (1954) with Tom Ewell, Jane Mansfield, Julie London and a host of early Rock n Roll stars! Just silly fun, politicaly incorrect up the yin yang and oh so 1950's charming.
Tix $5 ($0 for members) - Doors 6:45pm
• Wednesday, April 18th, 7pm:
GROWLS and Shorekeepers welcome Cliff Robinson, Research Scientist at Nanaino Pacific Biological Station, to present on forage fish and some of the issues faced by this vital link in the earths food chain. GROWLS AGM to follow All welcome.
by Donation - Doors at 6:30pm
• Thursday, April 19th, 7pm:
Gabriola Museum 2018 Talks; Cuba Si Island Time Latin Style
Presented by Alison Douglas and Steve Struthers.
by donation - Doors at 6:45pm
Saturday, April 21st, 7pm:
Kathy Griffin + Roger Holdstock in Concert - the charming dual harmonies are a great enticement to have an easy Gabe Saturday night and, at the same time support the School Orchards Africa Society.
Tix $15 at North Road Sports, Madrona Mall - Doors at 6:30pm
And some Roxy Futures you may want to invest in...
- Monday, April 23rd, 7pm: The Roxy Movie is "Something About Mary"
- Thursday, April 26th, 7pm: donsflicks presents "Vanaja" (2006), India www.donsflicks.wordpress.com
- Friday, April 27th, 6:30pm: Gabriola Coffeehouse - with special guest Sue Decker
Now For the smart stuff...
"The way to know if a person is trustworthy is trust him." --Ernest Hemingway
"I have perceived that to be with those I like is enough." --Walt Whitman
May the gods be with you...
See you next week, Stevie B.
The Roxy Email >>
Roxy 2018 Membership Collection: $120 is due for the Calendar year!
If you have already paid, thank you very much and ignore this:
You can pay $120 by Interac -electronic mail transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org ...
By cash or cheque(s) payable to S. Berthelot...
In person to Stevie B at Mad Rona's Café most days (not Tuesdays) from noon to 1:00pm)
Mail to: The Roxy - Membership
PO Box #219
Gabriola Island, BC V0R 1X0
Personally to Stevie B wherever you run into him, hither and yon...
PS the collection hounds shall not be unleashed until early February
This week's quotes...
Some more wry and wonderful words of Winnie's wisdom to top off your day...
"Nothing is so exhilarating as to be shot at with no result"
"If you were my husband, sir, I would poison your coffee." --Lady Aster
"If you were my wife, Madame, I'd drink it." --Winston Churchill
More Roxy 2018 Membership Drive Important Info if you need it:
Stevie B will be in his office at Mad Rona's Café virtually all days - it is open (except Tuesdays) for the next 3 weeks if you would like to say hello and pay your membership in person .
Ways to pay your membership:
- By Electronic Money transfer (Interac e-transfer) - $120 to email@example.com
- By cheque: payable to S.Berthelot - either one cheque for $120 or a series of post dated cheques however you prefer - up to 12 at $10 each (or 4 at $30 each or 2 at $60 each, etc ) Your choice.
- Cheques can be dropped off to Stevie B at Mad Rona's
- or mailed to: The Roxy, PO Box #219, Gabriola, BC V0R 1XO
- You can also pay by cash - whenever you see me - cash is still down by me, and that me would be me, Stevie B!
And now for the part of the show you've all been waiting for...
Gabriolan's seem to know this more than most...
"It's never to late to be what you might have been." --George Eliot
Every day Stevie B proclaims this one to the universe...
"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then, I contradict myself.
I am large.
I contain multitudes!"
2018 Roxy Memberships always available! - Please support one of Gabriola's best live venues... if we all give a little bit, we can continue to make this great venue to operate... Please help us out and, tell a friend and spread the word!
$120 for The Calender Year... The Roxy is a community-funded venue and as such, needs you to help us carry on.... Watch out for Stevie B at Mad Rona's, on his bicycle, hither and yon all over Gabriola or go to firstname.lastname@example.org and ask Stevie B. how to join the movement.... you know you wanna. :o)
@ The Roxy - Our 2018 Spring Festival of Foreign Film...
• Please 'Like' The Roxy Facebook page >>
• Please help support live music... How to join The Roxy >>
• Address to The Roxy, Gabriola...
@ Twin Beaches Mall, 377 Berry Point Road, Gabriola Island, BC
• Mailing address for The Roxy... Friends Of Roxy, PO Box 219, Gabriola BC V0R 1XO
• Other Gabriola Island Links + Resources >>