recommended Gabriola things to do + accommodations...
Below, are some accommodations that some of our Gabriola friends have personally used and owners we have met...
• www.twinbeachesbb.com - Twin Beaches B+B with delightful hosts, Josephine and Shaun Whelan
I'll add more as i learn + meet more... see below for more links...
Gabriola Island Accommodation + Related Links and some things to do...
• Gabriola Accommodation links
• Airbnb Gabriola Rentals
• Gabriola Bed + Breakfast Accommodation links
• Gabriola Accommodation @ The Haven
• Camping on Gabriola - Descanso Bay Regional Park
• BC Ferries - The Gabriola + Nanaimo Harbour Ferry Schedules... plus the Gabriola Island Ferry Lineup Webcam
• Gertie - Gabriola's Community Bus
• Gabriola Taxi - 250-247-0049
• Gulf Island Seaplanes - Getting to Gabriola by air - 20-mins from Vancouver!
• The Snuneymuxw First Nation - The Snuneymuxw are a vibrant First Nation of the Coast Salish People, located in the centre of Coast Salish territory on the eastern coast of Vancouver Island, the Gulf Islands, (Gabdriola Island) and the Fraser River in the province of BC
• Gabriola Museum - Celebrating First Nations History and Petroglyph Park also, SHALE - Journel of the Gabriola Historical + Museum Society - includes onlinr back issues
• Gabriola Arts Council - i'm very proud to be a member - also, here is the Arts Council Events Calendar for arts + cultural things to do on Gabriola
• The Hive Emporium - Gabriola things to do @ "The Hive" - a cultural and social hub on "Gabe" and great coffee!
• Gabriola Calendar of Events
• The Roxy Lounge + Cultural Club - Gabriola Island's community funded performing arts venue. Hosting film screenings, live music, theatrical performances, workshops and community events - this week's Roxy events here >>
• Gabriola Island Land and Trails Trust - Hiking and Walking Trails on Gabriola
• Gabriola Healing Arts - A place where Gabriolans can find the contacts for their integrative health care needs... body, mind and spirit
• Gabriola Vegeteers - we're a group of like-minded people who focus on animal advocacy on Gabriola Island.
• Poetry Gabriola - i'm also very proud to be a member
• The Gabriola Commons - The Commons is a place where sustainability, community and agriculture meet, featuring 26 acres of peaceful rural landscapes and rich ecosystems with significant biodiversity.
• Silver Blue Charters - year round fishing on Gabriola
Other Links of Interest...
• www.Mix-Fits.com - the whimsical world of Mix-Fits created by my friend Ian Baker, Re-Inventing Artist, who re-purposes and recycles found objects into amazing fun art - in Victoria, BC.
• EnlightenedBeings.com - Manifesting Magnet: A free online manifestation training program + enlightenment support system - i have found benefit with + enjoy Jafree's meditations.
• Weebly Website Creator - i'm proud i created my own website - the one you're viewing here and you can create your own too - or, feel free to give me a shout as i'm here to help you get started and then i'll show you how to have full control of your own site 24/7 - here's my portfolio to see some of the sites i've created for others.
• Alliance for Arts and Culture (BC)
The Arts and Culture Industry in BC generates more than 80,000 jobs and $5.2 billion annually. Less than .05% of the BC budget is invested in the Arts.
An investment in the Arts is an investment in our communities. Ask your elected official to reinstate the 40% cut to our BC Arts Council. Because artists have families too.
Alliance for Arts and Culture (BC) was founded in 1986, the Alliance for Arts & Culture represents over 350 member organizations from across the artistic disciplines.
They advocate for our sector by monitoring public policy, synthesizing issues for members, and representing the interests of artists. They also offer a range of services that allow artists to publicize their events, network, and access affordable and relevant professional development opportunities. Visit their website for more information, resources, advocacy, membership, artist job postings and artist calls.
gabriola things to do - festivals + events for 2018...
• Gabriola Visitor Centre + Gabriola Island Map >>
• Isle of the Arts Festival - April 4-15
• Gabriola Easter Egg Hunt + Easter Bonnet Parade - April 1
• Commons Spring Fair - May 5/6
• Mother's Day Auxiliary Tea @ the Community Halll - May 13
• Visitor Centre Summer Kick Off - May TBA
• Museum Exhibit Launch - May TBA
• Silva Bay Fishing Derby - May 16/17* (*Father's Day)
• Canada Day Festivities - July 1
• Canada Day Market + Festival - July TBA
• Community Garage Sale @ the Commons - July 6/7
• Brickyard Beast 10K Run - August 5
• Concert on the Green - August 9
• Community Hall Salmon BBQ - August 11
• Cultivate Festival* - August 16-19
*The Gabriola 'Cultivate Festival' will now be a Performing Arts Festival of 3+ days of Theatre, Music and more...
• Gabriola Music Festival ? - September TBA
• Commons Fall Fair - September 3
• Farm to Table Feast Event - September 8
• Thanksgiving Gabriola Studio Tour - October 6-8
• GAC Founders Heritage Gala - October TBA
• Commons Craft Fair - November 16/17
• Gabriola Arts Council Fundraising Gala - January TBA
Please see www.gabriolaisland.org for a complete list >>
• Drum Dreaming - Come to beautiful Gabriola Island to get out of the city... a stunning place to unhook and delve deep into your own healing + the resonance of who you truly are... Click here for more info >>
• Root Victoria - is a Spring + Fall 3-day annual event in Victoria, BC - created to allow you to cultivate a deeper connection to self, nature, and community. ROOT is also a fundraiser for the Ancient forest Alliance and Surfrider, who work tirelessly to protect our sacred old growth forests and precious oceans, waves and beaches.
• Dream Tree Weaving - beautiful hand woven Mestana Mesa Cloths by Mailyn Bergeron
• Maureen Fontaine - a dear friend + ayllu sister, who is a wonderful life coach, also offering live blood analysis with Dark Field Microscopy + nutrition... she is also an intuitive reader + full mesa carrier...
• David Campbell - this is a link to the beautiful and amazing music, poetry + spoken word by my dear friend, David Campbell - here he has uploaded over 350 videos of his work - also, here is his blog...
• Shaman Portal - global shaman networking
• ShamanTALK - our Ayllu networking site
Our shores on Gabriola (or anywhere) are NOT a Parking Lot!
Please say NO to the proposed anchorages! Pacific Pilotage Authority (PPA) is proposing to introduce 5 new anchorage sites for huge freighters off the northeast shore of Gabriola Island.
Please sign the petition to stop this proposal and please consider sharing this with others and social media to help make our circle grow... to stand strong to say no... with much gratitude....weaver x (((o))) More about this issue here >>