recommended Gabriola things to do + accommodations...
Covid-19 closed many B&Bs here on Gabriola tho, I'll add more as i learn + meet more... see below for more links... see below for other accommodation links via our Chamber of Commerce + the Haven Resort Centre…
Below, are some accommodations that some of our Gabriola friends have personally used and owners we have met...
• www.twinbeachesbb.com - Twin Beaches B+B with delightful hosts, Josephine and Shaun Whelan
• www.theperch.live - three minutes from the village, we've had friends who highly recommend 'the perch"...
Gabriola Island Accommodation + Related Links and some things to do...
• Gabriola Accommodation links
• Airbnb Gabriola Rentals
• Gabriola Accommodation @ The Haven
• Camping on Gabriola - Stunning Descanso Bay Regional Park
• BC Ferries - The Gabriola + Nanaimo Harbour Ferry Schedules... plus the Gabriola Island Ferry Lineup Webcam
• Our Gertie - Gabriola's Community Bus
• Gabriola Taxi - 250-247-0049
• Gulf Island Seaplanes - Getting to Gabriola by air - 20-mins from Vancouver!
• The Snuneymuxw First Nation - The Snuneymuxw are a vibrant First Nation of the Coast Salish People, located in the centre of Coast Salish territory on the eastern coast of Vancouver Island, the Gulf Islands, (Gabdriola Island) and the Fraser River in the province of BC
• Gabriola Museum - Celebrating First Nations History and Petroglyph Park
• Gabriola Arts Council - i'm very proud to be a member
• Gabriola Calendar of Events
• Gabriola Island Land and Trails Trust - Hiking and Walking Trails on Gabriola
• Gabriola Healing Arts - A place where Gabriolans can find the contacts for their integrative health care needs... body, mind and spirit
• Poetry Gabriola - i'm also very proud to be a member
• The Gabriola Commons - The Commons is a place where sustainability, community and agriculture meet, featuring 26 acres of peaceful rural landscapes and rich ecosystems with significant biodiversity.
• Silver Blue Charters - year round fishing on Gabriola
Other Links of Interest...
• Want to self-publish ebooks + print all in one place? Check out this wonderful site that helps you to do just that >>
• www.Mix-Fits.com - the whimsical world of Mix-Fits created by my friend Ian Baker, Re-Inventing Artist, who re-purposes and recycles found objects into amazing fun art - in Victoria, BC.
• Weebly Website Creator - i'm proud i created my own website - the one you're viewing here and you can create your own too - or, feel free to give me a shout as i'm here to help you get started and then i'll show you how to have full control of your own site 24/7 - here's my portfolio to see some of the sites i've created for others.
• Alliance for Arts and Culture (BC)
The Arts and Culture Industry in BC generates more than 80,000 jobs and $5.2 billion annually. Less than .05% of the BC budget is invested in the Arts.
An investment in the Arts is an investment in our communities. Ask your elected official to reinstate the 40% cut to our BC Arts Council. Because artists have families too.
Alliance for Arts and Culture (BC) was founded in 1986, the Alliance for Arts & Culture represents over 350 member organizations from across the artistic disciplines.
They advocate for our sector by monitoring public policy, synthesizing issues for members, and representing the interests of artists. They also offer a range of services that allow artists to publicize their events, network, and access affordable and relevant professional development opportunities. Visit their website for more information, resources, advocacy, membership, artist job postings and artist calls.
gabriola things to do - festivals + events...
• Gabriola Chamber + Visitor Centre >>
• Come to beautiful Gabriola Island to get out of the city... a stunning place to unhook and delve deep into your own healing + the resonance of who you truly are... Click here to visit my calendar of events >>
• Ancient forest Alliance and Surfrider, who work tirelessly to protect our sacred old growth forests and precious oceans, waves and beaches.
• Dream Tree Weaving - beautiful hand woven Mestana Mesa Cloths by Mailyn Bergeron
• Maureen Fontaine - a dear friend + ayllu sister, who is a wonderful life coach, also offering live blood analysis with Dark Field Microscopy + nutrition... she is also an intuitive reader + full mesa carrier...
• David Campbell - this is a link to the beautiful and amazing music, poetry + spoken word by my dear friend, David Campbell - here he has uploaded over 350 videos of his work - also, here is his blog...